Your generosity inspires generations of clients who are on their way to independence.
When you give, you, our incredible donors, send a clear message – you are committed to our ongoing investment in the health and wellbeing of our clients. Every donation, one-time, monthly and tribute, shows your appreciation of our work and your shared belief in a future where everyone can realize their full potential.
The impact of giving is far-reaching and long-lasting. Over the years, the Surrey Place Foundation has built its capacity to provide financial assistance to clients, their families and staff. You help real people create real solutions for themselves and others.
With your donations, we have been able to improve the quality of life for Surrey Place clients in the following concrete ways:
Client Needs Fund
The Client Needs Fund was established by the Surrey Place Charitable Foundation in 2003 from the generosity of our donors. The goal of the Client Needs Fund is to provide urgent, one-time financial assistance to clients with specific economic challenges related to their diagnosis or disability. Surrey Place clinicians can request funding on the behalf of clients for specific equipment, items, or services which will enhance a client’s independence and quality of life.
- Communication Devices prescribed by Speech & Language therapists
- Items and Equipment to enhance Client safety – fitted helmets, Personal Protective Equipment for caregivers (Kevlar gloves, arm padding etc.), specialized car seats or strollers, safety gates, window locks
- Items and Equipment to assist with Activities of Daily Living – toileting aids, high-chairs, specialized beds, specialized clothing, grooming items
Treasure Chest Fund
The Treasure Chest is aimed at encouraging learning and development for clients from the ages of 0-17. The purpose is to remove some of the financial barriers in introducing clinically appropriate toys or equipment that will encourage the achievement of identified developmental or behavioral milestones as determined by the child’s clinical team. The Treasure Chest allows clinicians to request necessary toys or equipment to facilitate and promote the parent’s skills as the primary educators of their children.
- Table-top activities to promote fine motor skills & school readiness – matching games, cause & effect toys, puzzles, lacing sets, counting & sorting puzzles, magnet letters, specialty scissors, blocks, arts & crafts materials
- Behaviour reduction tools & Occupational Therapy needs – sensory toys, fidget toys, deep pressure vests, & weighted blankets
Symphonic Passion Choir
The Symphonic Passion Choir is a group of 25-30 participants of Surrey Place who spread the power of joy through song during the winter season. Adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), Down syndrome, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) and other intellectual or developmental disabilities are all welcome to join. The choir runs from September to December every year. The choir encourages people who love to sing to gain a sense of belonging, and no musical experience is necessary. Using a combination of pictorial symbols and words, our team of clinical staff, volunteers and accompanists make the singing experience accessible.
Contribute to Our Mission
Help us change the lives of people with developmental disabilities